Frequently Asked Questions
Click the question below for more information:
What is the maximum capacity of the space?
The maximum capacity is 180 guests. If you are hosting a ceremony and reception and would like a seat for every guest for dinner, we suggest around 130 or less. If you are hosting a mix and mingle reception or event, up to 180 people work well in the space.
What rentals/ amenities are included in the space rental?
In 2020 there are (20) benches are included with your rental of the space. This is enough seating for 100 guests (5 people per bench). If you have more guests in attendance, additional seating is to be provided by the client (or rental company). Moving the benches is the responsibility of the client or day-of coordinator and must be returned to their original position at the conclusion of your event. Failure to put them back will result in a $250 fee deducted from your damage deposit. Benches are not able to be stacked inside the lobby area of The Atrium. If you choose not to use the benches, they are to be placed around the courtyard of The Atrium. They are generally placed bordering the garden area or up the ramp leading to the inside doors.
Bulb lighting is also provided with the space.
In 2021 and beyond, additional items will be provided, including (100) walnut folding chairs, (10) 5’ round tables, (1) 4’ Round table, (2) 7’ wooden tables, and a moveable bar structure.
How long is the rental period and how much time is provided for set-up and clean-up?
Your contracted time includes your set-up and clean-up time. However, we are flexible with rental and lighting vendors who work in the space often. All events must conclude no later than 10pm due to the city noise ordinance. If you wish to add additional hours to your rental time, there will be a $150 per hour fee. The venue must be cleaned and vacated by the end of the contract time in order to avoid additional charges.
What is permitted to take place in the interior space?
Currently, the interior space is considered a lobby and may not be used for event set-up. Family members and wedding party may wait in the lobby inside the building prior to the wedding ceremony, and guests may use it as a lobby area during the event. However no bar or food may be set up in the space.
We anticipate this changing in 2021 as sprinklers are added to the space. We are currently in the permitting process. Once the sprinklers have been installed, the interior space may be used for ceremony, cocktail hour, food, bar, and/or reception.
Is there a bridal suite available at the Atrium?
For an additional fee (to cover cleaning and additional staff), there is a portion of the second floor of the Atrium is available for use as a bridal suite. This area includes hair/make-up stations, tables and chairs, a conference room, kitchen area, and private courtyard. The space is available at 10am on the event day through the end of the night. All items brought to the space by the bridal party must be removed at the end of the evening.
Will I need to hire a day-of coordinator?
All event bookings (including ceremony only, receptions, cocktail hour and rehearsal dinners) are required to have a day-of coordinator on site during the event, and the coordinator must be listed on The Atrium’s Preferred Vendor List. The coordinator must be present for all of the set-up and clean-up of the space. The Atrium coordinator may be available for day-of directing services, if available. Please inquire with your intended event date if interested.
What is the refundable security deposit?
Upon booking, there is a $500 refundable damage security deposit due for all events in The Atrium. The damage security deposit will be used in the case of any damage caused by your event, guests, and or vendors to the space. You will be contacted the week of your wedding to confirm your mailing address and payee name to be sure you receive your check to your valid address. If approved for refund, you will then receive your check by mail within 2-3 weeks after the conclusion of your event.
What caterers may I use for my event at the Atrium?
The Atrium will supply a Preferred Vendor List upon booking. There are all price points and food types on the list. You must hire one of the caterers off of the list provided and all caterers must be licensed and insured. You may not provide your own food or host a pot-luck style event or use a drop-and-go caterer.
May I provide my own alcohol?
Currently, you may provide your own alcohol at the Atrium, but you must hire a bartender from a licensed and insured caterer or bartending company. Guests will not be permitted to serve themselves alcohol. All of the caterers on our list have the ability to serve alcohol purchased by the client.
Do I need a liquor license?
If you are providing your own alcohol and serving liquor (not just beer and wine), then you must obtain a one-time special use permit to serve the liquor. If you are getting alcohol through your caterer or only serving beer and wine, you do not need a liquor license. Click here to see the application.
Where do guests park?
Parking is conveniently located in the paid lot across the street from the Atrium. Day passes can be purchased there. A parking deck is also located a block away on Market Street. Parking in the back lot is by PERMIT ONLY and is not available to your guests.
Catering employees, wedding party and guests attending the event need to find parking elsewhere. Caterer should contact The Atrium Coordinator about their (2) parking permits.
Is smoking permitted in the Atrium?
There is NO smoking allowed inside The Atrium courtyard or inside the building. All smoking must be on the sidewalk outside of The Atrium gate.
There is NO smoking by the back door of The Atrium. All smoking must be on in the alley beyond the back parking lot of The Atrium. (This includes catering staff.)
What lighting and/ or draping is included in the space?
The hanging Edison lights come with the space. If you wish to add additional lighting, it must be done by a licensed and insured lighting company. You may not install your own lighting.
Fabric draping of the front gate is not provided when booking The Atrium. This is a service that can be provided for an additional cost. Please contact Anna Mintz with Salt Harbor Designs for draping services and costs at email@example.com. You may also hire another company to hang the draping as long as they are licensed and insured. You may not install your own draping.
Notes For Caterers
The following terms and conditions are a part of your contract when you book with The Atrium. Click the category titles below for more information:
Lobby Inside Area
Currently, the office building is not licensed to be used for entertaining nor service of food or beverage. This may change in 2021.
Cleaning Catering Back Area After
The food prep area must be left clean and neat after the event. All rented glassware must be stacked in the back area by the door or in the courtyard.
Use Only Designated Areas
DO NOT USE any of Salt Harbor Designs items or back storage space.
DO NOT USE the floral walk in cooler for any food storage
NO cooking allowed in the parking lot.
TWO parking spots are available in the back lot for catering after 5:00 pm on Fridays- Sundays. All servers/ bartenders/ staff should park somewhere else. Caterer should see The Atrium Day-Of Coordinator parking permits.
The backdoor will lock automatically.
Do not leave valuables at the back door.
No smoking by the back door. Please walk to the alley to smoke.
The Atrium Trash & Recycling
All food trash goes in the blue city trash bags. Keep the weight under 50 lbs. We recycle glass and cardboard at The Atrium. Use the blue trash CANS for glass bottles only and put broken down cardboard boxes on top of the bottles.
Caterers are to put blue bags and recycle cans on Second Street sidewalk out front of The Atrium at the conclusion of your event, but NOT prior to 10:00 PM.
DO NOT USE the brown dumpster in the back parking lot!!
City Trash & Recycling
Central Business District ‘Bag It’ Program by City of Wilmington, North Carolina.
Landfill garbage will only be collected in blue City Bags
Bag weight is limited to ~50 pounds per bag and must be free of liquids
Wilmington bags may be placed out for pick-up in accordance with the DAYS of service chosen by the business (up to 2 times a day, 7 days a week).
Strict times for placement are enforced and are as follows:
2:30 PM – 3:00 PM
5:30 PM – 6:00 PM
2:00 AM – 4:00 AM
- Corrugated Cardboard is collected for recycling at every scheduled pick-up time
- Blue recycling cans are for ABC glass recycling only and must be free from other materials
- Glass containers are an additional service, collected at 4:00 AM only and are not permitted other times
- Any recycle bins should be removed from the sidewalk or right of way by 9:30 AM daily
If there are questions about your locations’ services, or to have bags delivered, please call:
The Atrium Policies and Conditions of Use
The following terms and conditions are apart of your contract when you book with The Atrium.
Pursuant to Article II of the Rental Agreement, Lessee hereby agrees to adhere to all of the following Atrium Policies and Conditions of Use. By initialing these Policies and Conditions in the space below, Lessee affirms that they have read and understood The Atrium Policies and Conditions of Use and agree to these Policies and Conditions. Lessee further agrees that failure to adhere to any Policy or Condition of Use outlined below may be considered a material breach of the Rental Agreement.
- DAY-OF COORDINATOR: Lessee understands and agrees that they are renting the Rented Atrium Space only and that no staff is provided. It is a required condition of this Agreement that Lessee retain a qualified and insured Day-Of Coordinator/Director for ALL events at the Atrium. Lessee warrants that said Day-Of Coordinator/Director shall, at a minimum, be responsible for setup, clean up, management of vendors on the day of event, direct any rehearsal, direct ceremony and reception (if applicable), ensure all Atrium Property is returned to its original location and ensure that all cleaning of Rented Atrium Space as defined herein is completed by the conclusion of the Rental Period. Day-of coordinator/director MUST be chosen off of the Preferred Vendor list supplied by The Atrium Coordinator.
- EVENT SCHEMATIC/ ITINERARY AND FINAL GUEST COUNT: Lessee shall submit a final event schematic/itinerary, final guest count, and identity and contact information for Day-Of Planner to the Venue Rental Coordinator no later than two (2) weeks prior to the Event Date.
- ACCESS TO RENTED ATRIUM SPACE: Lessee shall have access to all Rented Atrium Space from the commencement of the Rental Period to the conclusion of the Rental Period as defined in this Agreement, but no further without written consent.
- REHEARSAL: If Lessee requires access to the Rented Atrium Space for rehearsal for their Event, it must be coordinated with the Facilities Rental Coordinator thirty (30) days prior to the Event Date. Lessee will be allowed one hour for a rehearsal. The Day of Coordinator/Director MUST be present for rehearsal. If such notice is given, The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc. shall provide Lessee with access for the sole purpose of a rehearsal at no additional charge. The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc. or the Facilities Rental Coordinator reserves the right, however, to designate a reasonable time for Lessee’s rehearsal so as not to conflict with other Events.
- SET-UP TIME: Setup for the Event shall not begin sooner than the start of the Rental Period as defined in Article I of the Rental Agreement unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Facilities Rental Coordinator.
- TABLES, CHAIRS, AND OTHER FURNITURE: Lessee agrees that all tables, chairs, or any other furniture used during the Event or for the purposes of the Event, must be lifted, not slid, across any floor surface including both interior and exterior spaces.
- EVENT PURPOSE: Lessee agrees that the Event shall be limited to the type and purpose set forth in Article I of this Agreement. No other type of event may be held, and the Event may not have any other purpose.
- ATRIUM PROPERTY: No equipment, furniture, or other property of the Atrium shall be removed from Atrium Premises.
- LESSEE PROPERTY/REMOVAL: Lessee agrees that any equipment or decorations brought to the Atrium for use prior to, during, or after the Event must be removed prior to the conclusion of the Rental Period as defined in Article I of the Rental Agreement unless otherwise agreed in writing. Lessee shall identify to Facilities Rental Coordinator, no later than seven (7) days prior to the Event Date, the parties responsible for picking up each item of equipment, decorations, etc. and when said items will be picked up (at the Atrium Coordinator’s discretion). Regardless of this designation, Lessee agrees to be ultimately responsible for removal of all property by the conclusion of the Rental Period. Lessee agrees that any equipment, property or decorations remaining in the Rented Atrium Space or anywhere on the Atrium Premises (as defined as the Atrium’s building, land, parking lots, and driveways located at 15 South Second Street, Wilmington, North Carolina 28401) for more than forty-eight (48) hours after the end of the Rental Period becomes property of The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc.. In the event that Lessee does not vacate any portion of the Facility at the end of the Rental Period, The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc. shall be and is hereby authorized to remove from said premises, all goods, wares, merchandise and property of Lessee. Expenses incurred by The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc. for either the removal or storage of same shall be paid by Lessee, upon demand to The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc.. The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc. is hereby expressly released from any and all claims for loss or damage to any of Lessee’s property in its removal or storage. In addition, any items either left or lost must be claimed within forty eight (48) hours. After forty-eight (48) hours, The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc. may, in its discretion, dispose of any property left by Lessee at the end of the Rental Period. The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc. assumes no responsibility for damage or loss of any equipment, decorations, or floral arrangements used or left by Lessee on the Atrium Premises. The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc. shall not provide storage for Lessee or vendor-owned equipment, materials, or props related to Lessee’s Event either before or after the Event Date.
- CLEANING OF RENTED ATRIUM SPACE: The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc. will provide Lessee with clean and serviceable Rented Atrium Space at the commencement of Lessee’s Rental Period. Lessee agrees that it shall be their and/or their Day-of Coordinator’s responsibility to clean the Rented Atrium Space and any other portion of the Atrium Premises used by Lessee during the Rental Period by the conclusion of the Rental Period by removing all Event trash, equipment, decorations, personal property or other materials brought onto Atrium Premises by Lessee or any of Lessee’s vendors. Lessee agrees that it shall reimburse The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc. costs incurred in any extraordinary cleaning required after the Event if Lessee fails to do so. The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc. alone shall determine if extraordinary cleaning is required beyond usual post-event maintenance to include sweeping, mopping, etc. Cleaning costs include all costs incurred by The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc. in cleaning up after the Event, including but not limited to: gathering of Event generated trash, the cost of cleaning materials, the hourly cost of wages and benefits for The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc. employees performing or supervising the cleaning, and the cost of any contract cleaning services utilized by The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc.. Lessee further agrees that The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc. may, at their sole discretion, deduct from Lessee’s Security Deposit as defined in Article III, for these Cleaning Costs.
- TERMINATION OF ALCOHOL SERVICE AND MUSIC: Lessee agrees that all service of alcohol on the Atrium Premises and all music of any kind shall end promptly at the Event End Time. Under no circumstances, however shall the service of alcohol or playing of music continue past 10:00PM on the Event Date, regardless of the time of the conclusion of the Rental Period.
- NO SMOKING: ALL Rented Atrium Space is non-smoking including the Courtyard. Smoking is ONLY permitted outside the front gate of the Atrium Premises on the public sidewalk on South Second Street. Lessee agrees that they are solely responsible for the provision of any and all receptacles for cigarette/cigar butts, spent matches, etc. and is responsible for the removal of said receptacles and all smoking related waste on the Atrium Premises or public sidewalk by the end of the Rental Period. Should Atrium personnel or the Facilities Rental Coordinator observe Lessee or any of Lessee’s guests smoking within any interior space on the Atrium Premises, Lessee agrees that they may be subject to a smoking clean-up fee of two-hundred fifty dollars ($250) to be directly deducted from Lessee’s Security Deposit as defined in Article III of this Agreement.
- ATRIUM EMPLOYEES AND STAFF: Atrium Employees and Staff that may be provided by The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc. will take directions only from Atrium personnel or the Facilities Rental Coordinator. Atrium Employees and Staff are not authorized to assist Lessee with their Event, except in performing functions directly associated with this Agreement.
- DAMAGES TO THE PREMISES: Except with the prior written permission of The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc., (i) shall not injure or mar or in any manner deface the Facility, (ii) shall not cause or permit anything to be done wherein the Facility shall in any way be injured, marred, or changed in any manner, (iii) shall not place or permit to be placed any nails, hooks, tacks, screws or any other similar items into parts of the Facility. Equipment and materials must be moved carefully through the Atrium Premises. There must be no damage to the windows, floors, walls, stairs, or doors. There must be no staining of the Atrium stairs, walls, or floors, Should any portion of the Atrium or any Atrium Property, during the term of this lease, be damaged by the act, default or negligence of Lessee, or of Lessee’s agents, employees, guest(s), or any person admitted onto Atrium Premises by Lessee, Lessee will reimburse The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc. for the cost of repairing, or at The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc.’s option, replacing with new property any real or personal property of the Atrium or its tenants damaged during the Rental Period regardless of whether said property is located within or without the Rented Atrium Space and shall also reimburse The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc. for any property of the Atrium or its tenants missing after the Event that was present at the commencement of the Rental Period, within or without the Rented Atrium Space, any ordinary wear and tear excepted.
- OPEN FLAMES/CANDLES: Open flames are not permitted in any part of the Atrium Premises. Candles may be used provided that they are contained within a glass container with their flame at least two (2) inches from the open rim of said container and are approved prior to use by the Facilities Rental Coordinator.
- CATERER: Any caterer contracted for use within the Atrium Premises must be licensed to work within New Hanover County, North Carolina, and must be able to produce to The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc. upon demand, proof of licensure and appropriate liability insurance. Any caterer unable to produce said licensure and proof of insurance shall not be permitted to enter the Atrium Premises. Caterer MUST be chosen off of the Preferred Vendor list supplied by The Atrium Coordinator.
- ELECTRICAL/LIGHTING: The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc. does not provide any additional lighting other than permanent lighting fixtures in the Courtyard and First Floor. Lessee may, with approval of the Facilities Rental Coordinator or The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc., utilize additional lighting or electrical features within the Rented Atrium Space however all such additions must be performed by a licensed electrician. Any electrician designated for use by Lessee within the Atrium Premises must be able to produce to The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc. upon demand, proof of licensure and appropriate liability insurance. Any electrician unable to produce said licensure and proof of insurance shall not be permitted to enter the Atrium Premises.
- OTHER VENDORS: Any Vendors retained by Lessee to perform any service or provide any goods for Event including, but not limited to, Bakeries, Florists, Furniture/Equipment Rental Companies, Musicians, Photographers/Photo Booths, Videographers, and DJ’s, must be able to produce to The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc. upon demand, proof of licensure, if applicable, and appropriate liability insurance.
- BRIDE AND GROOM DEPARTURE: Any and all materials intended to be tossed or thrown at the bride and groom’s departure, or for any other reason during the course of the Event, must be approved in writing by the Facilities Rental Coordinator prior to use. Glitter, confetti, birdseed and all other non-compostable items are expressly prohibited and their use by Lessee or any of Lessee’s guests shall result in forfeiture of Lessee’s Security Deposit, as defined in Article III of this Agreement, in its entirety. Sparklers are permitted outside of the courtyard area in front of the Atrium for the end of the night “send-off” ONLY. Any other use of open flames or sparklers during the rental period will result in forfeiture of Lessee’s Security Deposit.
- TRASH/TRASH RECEPTACLES: Dumping of trash on Atrium Premises is strictly prohibited. The Atrium by Ligon Flynn, Inc. will provide (3) trash cans, (2) recycling bins as well as city trash bags for the event. All of these materials must be sorted and disposed of per the city regulations. Lessee agrees to provide any additional trash receptacles needed and remove all trash from Atrium Premises upon conclusion of the Rental Period. Lessee guarantees that Lessee’s caterer assumes this responsibility for all catering services and catering equipment related to the Event.
- EXITS: Exit doors and exit ways must be kept unblocked and unobstructed at all times. Lessee agrees that they shall not create or allow any agent of Lessee to create any obstruction or blockage of any exit door or exit way in any manner what-soever and that all exit doors, ways, and signs are easily visible at all times.